The Center for Neuropsychiatric Research is a newly established research center in the NHRI. It was expanded from the former Division of Mental Health and Addiction Medicine, Institute of Population Health Sciences in Aug, 2012. The main themes of research include (A) Substance use and abuse, (B) Psychiatric disorders, and (C) Neurological disease involving neurodegeneration.
- To conduct multi- disciplinary and translational research on neurological disorders and drug addiction.
- To develop treatment strategies for major neurological and substance abuse disorders in Taiwan.
- To train the next generation and build career for young scientists in neuropsychiatric research.
- Substance Abuse and psychiatric disorders
- Neurodegeneration and neurorepair
- Strengthen the research team in neurodegeneration involving stroke, Parkinson’s disease, aging and other major neurological disorders in Taiwan. Recruit new faculty especially senior scientists who are interested in neurodegeneration.
- Support neurological diseases, drug addiction, drug-induced neurodegeneration and psychiatric disorder research.
- Collaborate with other national and international research centers/ universities.
Last Update: 2020-05-05
1,737 total views, 4 views today